11.15.2010

Vancouver and Beyond

After taking our time driving through the mountains, stopping and visiting family and such, we arrived in Vancouver. We've been camped out in a Walmart parking lot in Burnaby until today, when we decided that we needed to park this trailer, so we could be more mobile in the city while we visit friends and wait for Rogers to deal with our Rocket Hub.

We drove out to Tsawwassen this morning and set up camp at the ParkCanada RV park. I don't think either of us expected to find the greatest place on earth, but at the same time, we were not prepared for the mud, the less than stellar facilities, or the folks that live here in their motor homes turned houses. (I will try and sneak some photos in the morning.) The upside was that they had public showers and believe me, we were both getting pretty ripe, since our last shower was in Armstrong a few days ago.

Once we got settled in, I gathered my toiletries and headed off to the shower room. I have honestly never been so paranoid and scared in a shower stall before. I don't know if it's because it's the off-season and no one else is really around, or maybe it was the redneck hunters, and sketchy looking trailer park boys and their dogs that weirded me out, but the whole time I was washing my hair, I kept peeking around the curtain to look for shadows and listen for foot steps. It was a scene that could have started any B-rated horror movie or zombie flick. Needless to say, I got the hell out of there as fast as I could, and I won't be going back unless absolutely necessary.
(Zach was none too impressed with the showers either, he was afraid that some local inbred child would walk in on him.)

Needless to say, we are not sticking around these parts for long. We want to have one more visit with Steve tomorrow, and we have some planning to do for the next leg of our journey, which will take us across the water to the island. This just isn't the right time of year for Vancouver and the Ogilvie's to be together, what with the grey and the rain and such, although it's been great to see Steve, Vince, Nat and Nathan. I'm sure we'll be back over here in a couple months to visit some family and friends, before we mosey on down to the USA.

G'night folks. Drop us a line and let us know what's going on with you in your neck of the woods. scampercampers@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Well we do have a lot of pellets freed up to make a balcony in front of your camper, lol.
    Dad and Brenda

    ReplyDelete